Who can bill WCB electronically?
Physicians, chiropractors, physiotherapists for acupuncture services, physicians for acupuncture services, medical and surgical specialists, physiotherapists, registered massage therapists.
Who can't bill WCB electronically?
Podiatrists, Acupuncturists, Optometrists.
All services must be pre-approved by WorkSafeBC. Please follow the instructions below to facilitate invoice payments:
- If you have a payee number from WorkSafeBC, please ensure you quote the number on your invoice. If you do not have a payee number, please submit your invoices as per item #3 below.
- If you do not have the worker's claim number, please contact the Claims Call Centre at 604 231-8888 or Toll-free 1 888 967-5377.
- Use the Generic Invoice - Medical and Health Care (PDF 117kb).
- For physiotherapy, massage therapy, or chiropractic services, please use the Invoice for Treatment Services (PDF 77kb)
- Ensure all information with an * is completed. Please note that you do not need to include a practitioner number.
- Invoice codes can be found at the Health Care Provider page.
Submitting a WCB Claim
To submit a WCB claim in ClinicAid you will have to change the Insurer Type to "WCB" on the Advanced tab in the Create Invoice section of ClinicAid.
This will unfade the WCB tab to the right of the Advanced tab, giving you access to an electronic WCB Report which you can fill out to submit with the claim.
*Note: In order to save the form in ClinicAid a PHN must be entered.
For payment to be processed WorkSafeBC requires an Invoice Date, Payee Number, Postal Code, Service Recipient First and Last Name, WorkSafeBC Claim Number, Date of Injury, Date of Service, Fee Code, Description, Number of Items, Cost per Unit, Line Item Amount and Line Item Total.