When one practitioner replaces another during holidays or sickness, payment for services may be made either to the principal practitioner or to the practitioner providing the service in the absence of the other(locum). The payment assignment must be limited to a specific time period of coverage.

To bill for a locum in BC, the locum will need to fill out an  Assignment of Payment form

When billing the service for a locum, you will need to use the locum's own MSP Billing Number. The Payee number that you will use, will be the number that is used by the Principle Practitioner the locum is replacing.