The required fields for an Out of Province claim are:
- First Name and Last Name
- Health Card Number (out of province)
- Health Care Type (the province patient is from)
- Date of Birth
- Full address including postal code
If you're dealing with a rejected invoice that was incorrectly formatted, you will need to update the patient record and reload the patient information into the invoice.
Follow these two steps to correct it:
Update the patient's details under your "Manage Patients" section in the left-hand menu.
- Add the patient’s “Gender”.
- In the ‘Health and Service Information’ section, add “Healthcare Type” (province patient is from) and “Health Number” (out of province health card #) in the box below it.
- Add the full address, including postal code. Then click the blue “Update Patient” button to save.
Once this is done, go to ‘Manage Invoices’, edit the invoice in question and click the 'reload' button on the right side of the ‘Patient Information’ box (see image below). This will add all the updated patient details into your invoice automatically. Then you can save and send.