You can bill an out of province (OOP) or reciprocal claim through ClinicAid. 

Residents of all the Canadian provinces and territories (except Quebec) are covered under the Interprovincial Reciprocal Payment Agreement for Physician Services.

How to bill an Out Of Province claim:

Set up your patient as out of province.

  1. Click on “Create Invoice” in the left-hand menu of ClinicAid.

  2. Click on the “+” sign in the “Patient Information” box to create a new patient.

  3. Select “Default OOP” from the top right drop down in the “Add a new patient” pop up.

  4. To successfully submit a claim for an out-of-province patient, you must include the following information:

·         First Name and Last Name

·         Health Card Number (out of province)

·         Health Care Type (the province patient is from)

·         Date of Birth

·         Gender

·         Full address including postal code


       5.    Click the blue “Create Patient” button on the bottom right and bill as usual. 

If you create your patient like this from scratch ClinicAid will automatically configure your invoice as a reciprocal claim.


Additional Resources:


How to get Out Of Province Health Numbers


Out Of Province Health Card Number Formats for Provinces and Territories 


British Columbia Health Ministry - out of province billing


Alberta Health Ministry - out of province billing


Ontario Health Ministry - out of province billing


Saskatchewan Health Ministry - out of province billing