05A - Invalid Personal Health Number:
- Review for typos.
- If it looks correct, check to see if it is an out of province health card and the claim wasn’t set to Out of Province (OOP).
- Confirm the health card with the patient
- Confirm the health card with the Ministry at
- The health card may have been inactive or ineligible at the date of service. In this case, the patient can contact the Ministry to reestablish coverage. When they have reestablished coverage, you can resubmit the rejected claim for payment.
- As a last resort, you can bill the patient directly by creating a private invoice and printing or emailing it to them.